Saturday, May 9, 2009

OH!HOW I WISH...

different from the rest.




A maiden-esque face her head so high,
Walked upfront her pompous assets upright.
A height so tall putting models to shame,
Her Jimmy Choo stilettos adding to her fame.
With her gait so cool,she had all eyes.
Girls around heaving a continuous sigh.
Oh!How I wished to be like her,
Having all eye candies savouring me instead of her.
And the opposite sex buzzing around her hive,
With her grotesque attitude she shooed all out of sight.
Being her friend,I knew her through,
She dreamed of just one man to suit.
She found him right and early in life,
And married him off barely clearing her sophomore diet.
OH!How I wished even more to bury,
Myself in a hatchet deep,heavy,
And dig myself underground,
For envying her for having all that I want.

3 years passed,I'm down with M.B.A.,
Luckily had a college reunion the very same day.
My eyes lurked around for the most gorgeous one,
She seemed to be the only missing one,
Puzzled I was with her absence so high,
How could she miss a party,she having all the adoring eyes?
Being so inquisitive about my dear friend,
Tracked her house just again to befriend.
Hoping to give her a tiny,little surprise,
Knew deep down it was again the envious,sulking time.
Knocked at her door,I would have thrown a hug,
Strangely my knock went unheard.
Clinked the door knob,I found it unlocked,
I tiptoed inside with a gleeful laugh.
It turned out I did give her a hug so wide.
But tears filled in my grotesque,puppy eyes.

She sat there on a chair at front,
Looking like a 50 year old some.
Her thin,lanky legs which used to put others to shame,
Were now all draped and hid behind a frame.
She wore a loose,white gown,
Her hands hung on the side,deep down.
I saw her face,my eyes popped out,
Wrinkles covered her fairy-esque face all around.
And her blue eyes which made the boys whirlwind,
Now lost in some other world akin.
Her hip long hair never tied to a class,
Were all chopped off barely hugging her scarf.
I slapped her hard and searched for her phone,
How could she be without one?she never even left it in a washroom alone.
I forced her to speak and continued hitting,
Finally came out a word from my mitten.
'ANDREA' she screamed,her eyes all wet,
I'm in the wrong house,that was clear in my head.
Stood from my seat,about to leave,
Her maid stopped me and forced to take a seat.
She told me a story out aloud,
And I got my answer to why her cell phone was missing,without a doubt.

Being so young and happily settled,
Wasn't able to shove off the immature youth off her kettle.
Sarah had a charming little gift,Andrea,her princess.
She loved her like her soul with gentle caress.
Talkative she was,gossiping around,
Eventually drowned her fairy from the world out.
She'd took Andrea for her bubble bath,
With the faucets all open,she played with her duck.
Sarah's cell phone rang,a close friend alert.
Talking her heart out she forgot poor Andrea,
Later found drowned in the tub,Oblivious panacea.
It was too late for the doctors to help,
Since then sat Sarah on the same chair in her den.
Never spoke a word to anyone out.
Only her constant screams 'ANDREA',eyes leaking out.

I sit by her side every now and then,
OH!How I wish no one to suffer like this.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey gud poem yaar...different concept altogether:)
nav its so nice to read everytime sumthing fresh and unique!!

btw wat's the lesson we learn..huh??

TALK LESS ON PHONE :P is dat wat u trying to prove? ;)
jus kiddin honey...nice work :*