
What have I done? What did I do?
These are the questions I asked myself in this decade of deuce.
What did I do to make it worthwhile,
My mother's wrinkles and my dad's fading hairline?.
Through these years, they watched me grow,
Toiled and toiled to make my life a fairy's show.
What did I do?How did I deserve?,
My father's daily 10 hours of work?
What did I do, to win my mom's heart?
My smile makes her heart beat so fast.
Is thy womb relation justified enough,
To spend your everything and get nothing in return?
What have I given them?How will I repay?
Can this love ever have a legitimate pay scale?
Do I even have the audacity to ask how much?
How much you toiled, to give me your love?
Was I a god's present? Did I come with a price so fine?
What did you see so valuable of mine?
Why is every wish of mine, a command for you,
A command for you to give up your own thing or two.
What genre?What art is this?
What makes you love someone so zilch?
I tried to see, I wanted to know,
Any feeling of repentance or dissatisfaction in your soul.
I tried to make you ooze out,
The pains and sufferings from getting nothing from your sprout.
I never found anything,just a malicious gloat,
A gloat of having me in your life's boat,
A prized possession with their own suo motu.
As if I'm coveted by all and you have me,
And would do everything from keeping me prey free.
I asked my parents" what do you get, why do you do so much?,
I'm stupid,irrational and a spoiled brat,
why do you consider me a prized bag?".
"You gave me the gift of you"said my dad with his crooked jawline,
My mother's answer just fell in line,
" Through you we fill our canvas with colors which we left black and white in our lives".
This one answer gave me the vibe,
To live my life as a gifted prize.
Not because I found a reason to deserve one,
But I found no reason to blot my parents' canvas even once.
4 comments:
je baat vaise tumhare paas dimag aa gaya hai mere saath rahte rahte.....
shikha d best :P
You have the power and talent to express your thoughts so beautifully.
This poem is something which most of us can relate to. I love it, one of your best work!
And don't you worry dear..you'll make your parents proud, I'm sure :-)
Keep writing more for your fans :-*
I'm touched..
Welcome back :D
It's delightful to see you write again. I love this. Pranjali got it damn straight, it's indeed one of your best works and we can relate to it. Makes me want to go and give my parents a tight hug.
Its really beautiful. You still have it in you, I knew it for a fact :D
Promise to keep writing okay?
Love you <3
b'ful piece of work nav...:)
this one's 4 u mom;)
lvly yaar...most of us can relate to the poem but sadly cant quite express it as b'fully as u have:)
hv always lvd ur creations but dis one sure is super special..i super like t yaar...lukin 4wrd for more such writings.....
love gari<3
Post a Comment